Thursday, December 4, 2008

That time of year.

This is the time of year that I start longing for a hot, dry (albeit imaginary) vacation spot. With everything going on in my life right now I can't really go anywhere, never mind a place I would like to go!
Many of you are thinking about your planned mid winter vacations and me, I'm imagining myself going to exotic lands. Can't bring kids or the pooch to an exotic getaway and have it remain that way, for long anyhow.
Now, I've been up and down the East Coast, but never left this side of the states or the country for more than an hour, for that matter. As far North as Canada (the falls) and to the south Florida. While these vacay's have been nice.. there are so many places I would like to go, Dubai for one. I saw a very interesting program on the man made island down/over there.
Then again, I want to see the unique ice hotels in Iceland, too! Sleep on a block of ice covered in fur?? Yep, primal.
How about England and Stone Henge? That's on my list. Got to be cool standing near those huge blocks of stone with mysterious origins...
A friend that I made recently told me to consider Hungary, where both of my parents are from. Hey, if the food is half as good as my mother's cooking, I'm soooo there.
Do they have Pilates in Hungary? ... Sorry, I thought it was funny.
I wonder if sign language is used in Hungary and which one? There are so many different sign languages that every spoken language could have a potential sign language.
I guess if a place can be imagined - I could go at any time. Lucky for me, my imagination is pretty well intact. Where else could a girl go? Japan, Africa, Australia.. sure. Who's buying?

No comments:

Followers