Friday, December 5, 2008

Aids in for a fix?

I am without my aids for a whole week. They've been checked into the body shop for a blinging. As per previous posts, I want to get more involved with HLAA and other hearing impaired advocacy venues. So, a, purple they will go. A purple they will go, hi ho the dairy -o a purple they will go.
They (Phonak) are changing out the casing of the aids. I should have them back by Friday of next week. Which means tomorrow I go to another HLAA meeting without em. I'm OK with that! They have f.m. systems that I can use there to hear better.
Then, I'm gonna put Swarovski crystals on em and little blinking lights.
No, not really.
Purple OK.
Lights, trashy.
My whole reason behind the purple hearing aids is to make them a little more "cool" for kids to think about.
Beige, boring. Purple- hey that's cool.
The more these kids get to see people with hearing aids (even the beige ones) the more they are likely to be accepting of disabilities. I plan on talking with some of the folks tomorrow about approaching the schools in the area about disability in school. Perhaps some public speaking is in order?

No comments:

Followers