Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rethinking dog training.

For one thing, over the last week or so, I've met some great new friends. Friends that shared their canine companions with me! This week I've met some fantastic kids that with the help of their canine buddies, are much happier! If you recall, I was thinking about training Katie to do some canine "hearing" things for me, and dismissed the thought. Well, after meeting these adorable pups (and their respective owners) I'm rethinking about it.
Even if I can just take Katie everywhere with me, that would be awesome!

I was given a pamphlet from one of these owners, and want to share this information with you! If you were thinking of getting a pooch, and have a hearing impairment or ANY other disability, it would be worth your while to check them out.

Canine Companions for Independence.
  • Service Dogs assist adults with physical disabilities by performing daily tasks.
  • Hearing Dogs alert the deaf and hard of hearing to important sounds.
  • Facility Dogs work with a professional in a visitation, education, or health care setting.
  • Skilled Companions enhance Independence for children and adults with physical, cognitive and developmental disabilities.

info@cci.org www.cci.org

1-800-572-bark(2275

This is a non profit organization! If you can donate, please do!

There are so many needy kids out there that would love to have a companion by their side!

No comments:

Followers