Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reading and Writing

I haven't had much time this weekend to really read. Took the kids to a movie on Friday night, which I must say did not go well. The PTA at my kids school held a movie night. For a dollar (per person) you can go and watch Kung Fu Panda.
We arrived late - and the setting was dark. Really dark. We brought our blanket and pillow. Not that the big kid would share with anyone else. Found a spot all the way at the back. Perched our tushies, ate our McDonalds, and watched KFP.
Most of my time was spent chasing the little guy around the gym, in the dark. There was a concession stand and no sooner that the last bite from their diners, I received many requests for money to purchase items. Did I not just treat your butts to McD's??? though I usually give in, this time I stood my ground.
Most of us HOHers don't do movies. I haven't seen a movie (in theatres) since Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and that was subtitled!
So, needless to say I did not enjoy myself. On top of it all, the kids decided about 3/4 of the way through that they were going to play with their friends instead of watching the movie.
I skipped my science seminar (that I could have gotten a(very needed) extra 10 points on a test for.) so that they could enjoy a movie - out.
Good Mommy? More like sucker for a cute face. Don't give me that lip..... Not the lip... ooooh, OK.
Saturday was spent in the company of family. I made a kickin' Lasagna (one of few things we can all agree that we like). Who doesn't love Cheeeezey goodness?
Back to the movie thing, there are movie theatres that caption movies on special nights. Usually a weeknight, and most of the theatres are in the city. Wouldn't it be great if your LOCAL theatre had one, like say, Once a month? I'm gonna check into that. Lets see what I can inspire in the local theatre industry. ;)

No comments:

Followers