Sunday, November 16, 2008

I love Technology!

I love sharing information on technology that might assist other people!
I am loving the fm system I have by Phonak. (Zoom Link) (Icom). Not only can I actually hear my professors at school, I've used it in other situations like a nieces birthday party. There were so many kids running around that day! I found that even with my hearing aids I couldn't really understand the kids with all the background noises so I figured I would give the FM system a try. Lo and Behold, clarity!
The fm system takes the sound in it's entirety and pipes it right into my head. My hearing aids just amplify the high end that's missing. There is such a difference in sound that during my usual appointment with the hearing clinic to rehab my ears, we noticed an immediate recognition difference for the better! My scores were improved dramatically!
Should I ? Could I? Would I? Wear the fm system all the time? Nah, there are times when quiet in a house filled with little boys usually whining or screeching can be golden.
This particular system with boot integration has blue tooth capabilities. Yeah, I can talk on the phone. But, only my cellular so far. The amount of noise in the background can make the conversation difficult. I just have to make sure that if I'm going to be on the phone for a while, that I'm in a pretty quiet space and that the phone call isn't going from cel to cel. Some cellular microphones have a short span of time for the mic before it cuts off the persons word/sentence. I found this to be true with a recent conversation where I was constantly requesting the person repeat them self.
I could get an adapter for my house phone in the future, if the need arises. Right now, I'm just getting used to all the new sounds, and using speakerphone at home. So, watch your language if you call me at home, the kids might hear and Joey's already got a foul tongue!

No comments:

Followers