Monday, November 17, 2008

I told you so.

The Hearing Loss Magazine for November/December, has an article on hearing aids and Blue tooth capabilities. They include in the article my hearing aids. I am delighted to tell you that there's a lot more than just these products out there! Many hearing aid company's see the need for blue tooth capability in hearing aids, and one person even suggests that they incorporate the blue tooth directly in the hearing aids. I plan on checking into this further. There are some great products out there!
Of course none of these great products are covered in your health insurance plan. The only thing that is covered is Cochlear Implants. For the Cochlear Implants, you have to qualify. Exactly what goes into the qualification process I cannot tell you at this point. I simply haven't gotten there yet. I do know that weighing in all the pro's and con's are vital to your decision.

All the negative factors that play into your decision making like permanent and complete loss of residual hearing, rejection, damaging the implant, etc... Can be countered by the positive impact It could have. I have heard great things about Cochlear Implants from friends who use them. I'm writing a paper on them now so, you can expect to hear a lot more about them in the coming weeks.

On another note: I got a "95" on my "Pulitzer" paper and have decided not to publish it here in my blog. Should you be interested, leave a note and I will reconsider.

No comments:

Followers