Monday, January 12, 2009

Veggie day 3 or 4......

I had thought that going veg would be really difficult given my attraction to all sorts of meats but, I find that despite the occasional hankering for a slice of bacon I've been really good. Although I must admit, I really wanted a bacon egg and cheese this morning. NO, I didn't do it. Pictures flash across the screen in my head and those cravings are squelched rather quickly. Again for those real life horror stories, see PETA's "Meet your Meat" video.
This weekend, I dropped the meat from my dishes, and tried a new veggie chili non-carne. Which was really good with a little red hot! Also a lentil and rice dish with caramelized onions.
Today brought me to the organic section at the supermarket. They have a whole isle and a half devoted to organics, and health products. I made some purchases. If you've ever shopped with three hungry, cranky children, you would understand why it took a while. I did buy meat products, but not for me. I have never eaten spam, nor will I.
So the whole idea of a veggie life is growing on me. It's not that difficult, when you remember the video... I think a weekly viewing will be a well set reminder of why I'm doing this.

No comments:

Followers