Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Masters Degree

Yeah, I'm thinking about what Masters Degree I want to carry on my shoulder. I know a lot of "kids" that just get out of school, decide to go another route after college but, I'm not going to. I want to be sure that what I choose is appropriate for the kind of work I want to do. Which is... Oh, I don't know. I know I want to work with people like myself that have hearing related issues, and perhaps the deaf community itself but in what capacity? Whether it's in the educational, vocational, or non profit organizational kind of way, I need to start planning this route to my masters.
I've gotten the "can do" kudos from a good friend of mine and she sees a brighter future for this meek little introvert. (yeah right!) Thinking about other schools as well with more direct education in my desired field. RIT has MA's listed that might be closer to what I want. but getting to RIT, means getting my BA first. Suny purchase might offer me the opportunity to continue at my college in Rockland (satellite) with a BA in Business, then....? My friend thinks Vocational Rehab in the Hard of hearing world might be for me... Hmmm... much to ponder..

No comments:

Followers