Friday, November 28, 2008

Nancy Mairs

I am currently reading some of Nancy Mairs' essays and let me tell you that she is one talented writer. I understand most of the content but the meaning and the feeling, hits soooo close to home. Nancy is a self named "cripple" with M.S. A hearty woman with an enormous view, so intense.
I think I read most of the book I was reading last night and intend to finish the book tonight. This will free me up for a daunting session on Cochlear Implants and translating all of the techno language into a 6 page thesis. I thought that if I read a bit more on Nancy I could learn a bit about writing. Well, I've only just begun in Nancy's work and I'm already hooked.
I hold her in ranks with Hawthorne, Twain, and of course, myself. LOL yeah, ok.
I can only hope to achieve such a grand and eloquent style that Nancy carries.
Books to read: "A Troubled Guest" and "Voice Lessons". Plan on finishing "Plain Text" tonight.
Thanks to Nancy who knows when a girl could use some inspirational writing.

No comments:

Followers