Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Captioned Movies.

My local theater does have captioned movies.
But, they aren't what I'd call everybody movies. That, and it's once a month.
The "stereotypical" crowd of older aged citizens would enjoy the movie they have listed, I think.
I would rather see different styles of movies, like SAW. God, I love horror flicks!
Your brain understands that this is theatrics but, you still cringe when the victim reaches into the acid to get the key that ultimately should unlock the horrific contraption that's going to rip her rib cage apart... But, doesn't ...and her guts spill out of the floor.. breathe..
Ok, Run on sentence, I know and don't care. Ha, take that English majors!
Anyway, can you imagine what words they use as her guts spill on the floor? "squish" um, no. More like "screams end in wet dripping sound". I want to see a captioner have some balls and do something more descriptive!
For local listings, you can look online at your theaters website, look for the "accommodations" tab, and then for Captioning, the "cc" tab aught to get you where you want to be.
I will keep my eyes peeled for a good movie to see in theaters... and will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Followers