Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I have a kid?

Today I got a call from the school nurse. Ty's sick, again. (He's not sick, he just doesn't want to be in school). Can't blame him there. In high school, if there was somewhere else I could be, I was.
So I get the call, tell the school nurse that I can be there in 20 minutes, I am just about to walk in the door to pick up my new hearing aids, in their spiffy purple color.

I get in and there's some confusion about needing an appointment.
So, away again with no aids.
Hey, I can go get my hair cut!
No appointments available till Saturday, but I have tentative plans for Saturday...
So I browse the isles for goodies. Manic Panic, Enjoy conditioner, blah blah blah...
OOO Marshall's is right around the corner!
After about 10 minutes of shopping, the phone rings. OH SHIT. My stuff stays in the cart and I bolt.
I walk in the nurses office, and promptly apologize. I forgot my kid. He knew I forgot about him and was cool about it. He knows I'm not getting much sleep with finals on the brain. Plus we had the winter concert last night and .. and... and...
I felt like such a fool! How could I forget my kid?
We went out to lunch. I got a new tripod for my camera, and it WORKS... The things, I've been missing..

No comments:

Followers