Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Alzhiemers.

I need to vent for a moment here. Bare with me.
If any of you have a loved one with Alzheimer's, you know what I'm talking about here.
I love my mother in law. It's not often that a person can say this. She's a great lady.
We live sorta together. We have an in-law setup and her apartment is attached to the main house. She's a trip.

But let me tell you, If I get asked the same question again,
I'm going to snap.
You will see me cuffed and a crazed look in my eye on the 10 o'clock news.
"Daughter in law overwhelmed, killed mother in law over a question."

No, but really~
We yell at each other and it's OK ten minutes later. I just need a break.
I'm the go to person for all things and it seems that the information doesn't always make it to my plate and I'm left to answer questions, that I have completely no freaking clue about.

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease that has an impact on the entire family.
If she can't remember when or even if she lit a cigarette, this could kill the rest of us too.
So I worry. Especially because we don't yet have a fire detector that I can hear. They do make em, (strobe lights too) I just haven't gotten around to ordering it.
http://www.harriscomm.com/
This is the best site I've found, yet. Everything a deaf chick might want, and more.
If you're an HLAA member you get a discount, too!
Guess what I'm doing tonight. Ordering a few new fire detectors you say?
Gee you're smart!

No comments:

Followers